- Guild Research
- Guild Publications
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
Guild Academy Live Online Learning Course Access
All of The eLearning Guild Academy’s Live Online Learning courses are conducted using a combination of asynchronous and asynchronous technologies.
Synchronous eLearning Component
All of our courses include live, real-time, scheduled, time-specific, facilitated instruction and learning-oriented interaction that takes place on one of our virtual classroom platforms–Adobe Connect 9 or Cisco WebEx Training Center. Please check your course registration page to see which platform will be used for your course and then check the system requirements below.
Asynchronous eLearning Component
All of our courses include an asynchronous eLearning platform—Bloomfire—to supplement our scheduled live training; it involves individual and collaborative learning and is available on-demand at any time. Please check the system requirements for Bloomfire below.
Some software training courses (i.e., Adobe, Articulate) may require the installation of software. Please check the registration page for your course to see the specific requirements.
The eLearning Guild will send an email at least three days prior to the start of each Live Online Learning course to all registered participants (or upon registration if it occurs less than three days before an event). This email will include:
- Information on how to access the synchronous and asynchronous components of the course
- Information about your username and your password (which will come directly from the platform provider[s])
- A link to the course resource site, which will course materials (an invitation to join the site will come directly from the platform provider)
Please watch your inbox and flag these important messages when you receive them so you'll have the information you need to access your course. We will send these emails to the email address we have on file from your registration. If for some reason you have not received an email 48 hours prior to the start of your course, please contact the Guild by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1.707.566.8990.
To ensure that your participation in a Guild Academy Live Online Learning course is successful, please do the following at least two hours before the start of the course:
For Adobe Connect 9
Take a diagnostic test and ensure your computer and network connections are properly configured to provide you with the best possible Adobe Connect meeting experience. This diagnostic test will check for and, if necessary, guide you to install the required version of Adobe Flash Player (10.3 or higher) and the Adobe Connect 9 Meeting Add-in. These installations are critical. If your computer or network prevents automatic installation for any reason, download and run the appropriate Flash and Connect Meeting Add-in installers for your computer.
We also encourage you to take a few minutes to learn about the major features of the software and orient yourself to the interface.
- Review the Adobe Connect 9 product website
- Visit and participate in the Adobe Connect User Community
- Access the Adobe Connect 9 documentation
- Log in early to your session and get comfortable with the interface!
The URL for The eLearning Guild Academy is: http://elearningguild.adobeconnect.com/
For Cisco WebEx Training Center
- To make sure your computer has the minimum system requires, join a test meeting at http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
- We also encourage you to take a few minutes to review the Cisco WebEx website, where you will find short demo videos: https://support.webex.com/MyAccountWeb/supporthome.do#
- Bloomfire is web-based software. See the following link for information on supported web browsers, operating systems, and Java requirements: https://community.bloomfire.com/posts/647350-supported-web-browsers-operating-systems-and-java-requirements
- We encourage you to join the Bloomfire Community at http://community.bloomfire.com to access resources and get support. Bloomfire is also available as app for mobile devices (iOS, Android)
To ensure your participation in a Guild Academy Live Online Learning course is successful, The eLearning Guild wants to make sure your support needs are met. If you have questions about accessing the course:
- Send an email to The eLearning Guild at email@example.com or
- Call The eLearning Guild at 1.707.566.8990
Upcoming Events & Deadlines
- April 18—Conference Call for Speakers
DevLearn 2014 Speaking Proposals Due
- April 21—Online Forums Call for Speakers
mLearning: Best Practices for Supporting Learning in Motion
- April 23—Webinar
Best of mLearnCon: Designing for Mobile Learning: A Crash Course
- April 25—Research Survey
Informal Learning Survey Deadline
- April 28—Guild Academy
Articulate Storyline Basic
- April 29—Guild Academy
Producing Virtual Classroom Training