- Learning Solutions Magazine
- Guild Research
- Guild Publications
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
- Job Board
Online Events Archive
Best of DevLearn: Designing eLearning that Gains and Keeps Learner Attention
"Best of" Webinars - August 14, 2013
Manager of Instructional Design
The Cheesecake Factory
Today’s learners are faced with increasingly more distractions. In many cases, traditional ways of designing eLearning fail to gain and hold the learner's attention, and it’s difficult to justify the time and/or cost of many solutions.
In this free webinar, instructional design expert Dan Myers will show you several cost-effective ways to maintain audience attention, ranging from the use of video blogs to storytelling. You’ll see how to compete with the distractions learners face, while incorporating solid instructional design principles that are easily transferable to various business models.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How to tie all components of a course together with a single theme
- Why course templates may be bad for your learners
- Creative approaches for using intentionally low-budget, low-production-value eLearning
- How to draw learners into a course and what pushes them away
- How to make a business case for making your learning fun
You do not have access to the handouts. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
64,779Join The eLearning Guild
Upcoming Events & Deadlines