- Guild Research
- Guild Publications
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
Online Forum Technical Support
System Set-up and Configuration
To ensure that your participation in a Guild Online Forum is successful, please do the following at least two hours before the start of the event.
IMPORTANT (1 of 2): Beginning with the December 6 & 7, 2012 event, The eLearning Guild’s Online Forums are running on Adobe Connect 9. To prepare for Connect 9, please run the Adobe Connect diagnostic test and ensure your desktop or laptop computer and network connections are properly configured to provide you the best possible experience. This diagnostic test will check for and guide you to install the required version of Adobe Flash Play (10.3 or higher) and the Adobe Connect 9 Meeting Add-in. These installations are critical. If your computer or network prevents automatic installation for any reason, download and run the appropriate Flash and Connect Meeting Add-in installers for your computer.
- This upgrade to Connect 9 is supposed to address the issue we have been experiencing with SWF audio continuing after we unload the SWF. (For example, tweens music.) However, if you still experience this issue, please close the affecting Connect window and re-enter the session. That should resolve the problem in the short run.
- Make sure you have a Windows or Mac computer with a high-speed broadband or better Internet connection. (The Adobe Connect diagnostic test will check this for you.)
- Make sure your computer meets the System Requirements for Adobe Connect 9.
- If you are participating as part of a Site Registration, you will need one computer for each connection you intend to use. (You are issued two logins.) Depending on the size of your group, you might also want to use a data projector and speakers to broadcast audio to your team.
- If you are participating as an individual, you will need to have a computer headset or speakers connected to your computer to hear the audio. A microphone is not required.
IMPORTANT (2 of 2): To address a security concern, in mid-November 2012, Adobe forced a reset for all eLearning Guild Connect users. If you attended an eLearning Guild Online Forum any time before November 2012, you should have received in mid-November a password-reset email with the Subject line “Adobe Connect - Reset Password.” If you did not reset your password at that time, please do so now by visiting http://elearningguild.adobeconnect.com and clicking Forgot your password? Note that eLearning Guild staff do not know your current password.
Adobe Connect Mobile
The Adobe Connect Mobile app allows you to use Apple iOS, Android, and Blackberry devices—instead of or in addition to desktop and laptop computers—to attend and participate in Online Forum sessions. To learn more about and optionally install Adobe Connect Mobile, visit http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect/feature-details/adobe-connectmobile.html. Please note that due to the wide range of available operating systems and devices, Guild staff have limited capability in troubleshooting Adobe Connect Mobile issues. We highly recommend that you test your mobile device in parallel with a desktop or laptop computer before you rely fully on your mobile device. Also, because mobile devices generally rely on wireless network connections, be aware that you might experience more audio and general connection issues than on a wired computer.
To ensure your participation in an Online Forum is successful, The eLearning Guild want to ensure your support needs are met. If you have questions about accessing the Online Forums:
- Send an email to The eLearning Guild at email@example.com or
- Call The eLearning Guild at 1.707.566.8990
Please note that our busiest time for providing support is during the 15 minutes before and after the beginning of the first Online Forum session (101) of each event.