- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Transforming Learning with Digital Reality
Realities360 2019 Conference - June 25, 2019
How does the largest employer on the planet, Walmart, attract and develop a new generation of managers who have spent more time playing games than they have in the classroom? How does Fortune 200 healthcare leader DaVita train a global organization to see the world through the customers’ eyes? How do some of the world's largest companies create realistic rehearsal environments to teach technical skills? How do you deploy VR solutions at scale in a large enterprise, safely integrated with legacy LMSs and LRSs?
In this session, learn how industries are unlocking business value with virtual and augmented reality, games, and immersive simulations. Live VR demos will take you inside of digital rehearsal spaces where learners feel a visceral sense of "presence" of actually being in the situation they're practicing. This session will also give you the inside scoop on how a 3-D mobile game teaches associates of the world's largest employer, Walmart, to run their departments like small businesses. Get inspired by industry leaders who are ushering in a new era of immersive learning at scale.
In this session, you will learn:
- How full-body VR offers a digital rehearsal space of such convincing verisimilitude that trainees feel they are actually there
- How mobile games reinforce new skills and concepts, multiplying "reps and sets" of skill rehearsals while having fun
- How transformational technologies like AR, VR, and mobile gaming are on a converging trajectory squarely aimed at disrupting the learning industry
- How to deploy VR solutions at scale in a large enterprise, safely integrated with legacy LMSs and LRSs
- How industry leaders are ushering in a new era of experiential and visceral learning with immersive learning and gaming
Technologies/platforms/devices that will be discussed:
- HTC Vive Focus
- Oculus Quest
- Magic Leap
- Samsung HMD Odyssey Windows Mixed Reality
Managers, senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.)
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company