- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Authoring Tools Showdown: Captivate vs. Storyline
DevLearn 2019 Conference - October 23, 2019
Artisan E-Learning and E-Learning Uncovered
What's the best eLearning authoring tool out there? That's a lot like asking, "What's the best car on the road?" The answer can be very subjective, and in the end it's based on what matters most to you. Identifying key features and characteristics that differentiate tools—such as price, ease of use, interactivity, accessibility, and mobile compatibility—can help you can make the best choice to meet your needs.
In this session you’ll gain perspective on how popular eLearning authoring tools Storyline and Captivate stack up in these categories. Take a quick, under-the-hood look at both tools to get a sense of what it's like to work with them. You’ll learn some of the finer points around supporting responsive design, accessibility, and how they compare for specific use cases, such as systems training. You’ll leave this session ready to make better, more informed decisions.
In this session, you will learn:
- The key distinguishing characteristics of two popular eLearning authoring tools
- How the tools differ in terms of learning curve and ease-of-use
- How they differ in terms of pricing models
- How they differ in terms of media and interactivity
- How the two tools differ in other ways, such as mobile, accessibility, and systems training
Designers, developers, managers
Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company