- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Phaser 3: A Free Authoring Tool for Gamified eLearning
DevLearn 2019 Conference - October 23, 2019
Corporate Programs Manager
International Youth Foundation
Chief Operating Officer
As eLearning professionals, we know gamification helps make learning fun and engaging. It can be a challenge to find the right authoring tool to maximize gamification, while meeting your institutional needs of flexibility, quality, experience, and price. Look no further—the world of video game development has new authoring tools that eLearning professionals can adopt for amazing gamified learning creation.
In this session you’ll explore how Phaser 3, a free game building engine, can create engaging HTML5-based eLearning games and applications through this newly-improved, open-source framework. Join GameTheory Co. and the International Youth Foundation (IYF) to learn why they turned to this tool when developing an online soft skills training for young people. Learn the benefits Phaser 3 offers eLearning experts and developers as they strive to create better products, expand reach, and push creative boundaries in pursuit of meeting the needs of their users. This session will explore the pros and cons of Phaser 3 and give attendees a crash course in its use and special attributes using IYF's new game-based course, Passport to Success Online, as a case study.
In this session, you will learn:
- About Phaser 3's unique abilities, brought to life by a compelling case study of its usage
- The basics functions of Phaser 3, and how game design toolkits can be used to develop highly interactive, creative, and low bandwidth-friendly courses
- Which insights into the creative opportunities are available to innovative designers and developers through game design authoring tools
- How to integrate this open-source authoring tool into your existing development processes, and hear about its community of practice
Phaser 3, Cornerstone OnDemand
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company