- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Designing a Choose-Your-Own Adventure Video Course
DevLearn 2019 Conference - October 24, 2019
Sr. eLearning Developer
The sounds of snores from the next cubical over are because Jerry had to take that old, stale compliance course. Anyone can phone it in, click "next", and answer "C" to every multiple choice question. But that video choose-your-own adventure course? Jerry's going to make decisions and see immediate feedback and consequences for his choices. He might even take the course again and again to see what the other outcomes he could get, giving him a fully-detailed understanding of the subject matter with just one lesson! Snores or engagement: which would you choose?
In this session, you’ll explore how to design a video choose-your-own adventure (CYOA) course for when "correct/incorrect" text isn't enough. Through creating a CYOA course, you’ll learn how to significantly increase engagement while reinforcing learning objectives. You’ll find out how using a decision tree approach can give your audience real-time feedback. You’ll then look at the development tools you can use to create this kind of video course, as well as how to craft immediate and consequential feedback for the choices people make.
In this session, you will learn:
- Which tools can be used to create decision trees
- Development methods to create a CYOA course
- How to create consequential feedback to user responses
- How to implement immediate feedback to user responses
- How to create multiple experiences with the same course, while arriving at the desired objective for each user
Lucidchart, Articulate Storyline
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company