- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Creating Driveway Moments: How to Make Compelling Interview Podcasts
DevLearn 2019 Conference - October 25, 2019
Creative Consultant, Digital Learning
The learning podcast boom is upon us. They've got a small learning curve, are inexpensive to produce, and are fun for people to consume. One of the most popular formats is the "interview format," in which the bulk of the podcast is comprised of back-and-forth interviews. Although this format is relatively easy to produce, it’s also easy for it to fall flat and become plagued with boring conversations. When these conversations fail to engage the listener, the learning objectives are also lost. So how do the pros do it?
In this session, you'll discover what it takes to create informative and engaging interview podcasts that help the bottom line: your learning objectives. You'll explore what makes interviews really work in podcasts like This American Life, Serial, and Start Up. You'll take a closer look at what interviewing and editing techniques podcasting icons like Ira Glass, Alex Blumberg, and Jad Abumrad use to create engaging stories. You'll also learn how to marry a successful learning event into a tool like the interview podcast.
In this session, you will learn:
- The common pitfalls that can affect interview podcasts, and how to avoid them
- What techniques pros use to conduct great podcast interviews
- Techniques on how to get the most out of your interviews
- How to form stories from your interviews
- Tips for editing your interview podcasts
- How to insert learning items into your podcasts
Podcasting, mobile devices (cellphones, tablets), recording equipment
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company