- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
2019 Guild Research Trends: The Current State of xAPI, Designing for AR/VR, & the Expanding Role of the ID
DevLearn 2019 Conference - October 23, 2019
Director of Research
The eLearning Guild
The eLearning Guild’s director of research, Jane Bozarth, along with contributors to recent research, hosts a review of several recent Guild reports. We’ll look at the ever-expanding role of the instructional designer, be joined by Julie Dirksen for an overview of what research says about designing with AR and VR, and then hear from Megan Torrance about the current state of xAPI. The focus of this session is on what is really happening across our industry now, with an emphasis on what works, what factors support our success, what content lends itself best to particular approaches, and what would enhance our own professional development.
This review of research is designed to familiarize you with what’s happening in the field and to help you find ways to be successful with approaches you’re considering, or that you’re already using and would like to enhance. You’ll leave with practical, evidence-based advice to help you engage in conversations and apply new ideas back at work.
In this session, you will learn:
- What practical insights you can gain from current research about our industry’s employment outlook, the use of AR and VR in our work, and the state of xAPI as it moves into a more mature phase
- State-of-the-industry practices in these areas
- Benefits and barriers facing practitioners
- Solutions to common challenges
Designers, developers, and managers
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company