- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Elevating L&D's Value to the Business
DevLearn 2019 Conference - October 24, 2019
For decades, learning & development has been wishing for "a seat at the table" with senior leaders. So, why is it so hard to get there? The reasons may be rooted in our legacy as a training function that taught workers to perform predictable tasks and repeatable procedures. Today's work is less predictable; more creative and fluid. Yet in many organizations, L&D's training legacy continues to impact our work processes and outputs, which, in turn affects how we are perceived.
In this session, you’ll explore the approaches through which L&D can become more business savvy, strategic, and agile to meet the challenges of today's work environment. You'll investigate ways to communicate with senior leaders so you can identify and solve the problems that concern them most. You'll also discuss the capabilities, skills, tools, and approaches L&D organizations need to make our solutions more strategic, direct, effective, and instantly available.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to support the constantly evolving needs of workers
- How to enhance strategic thinking among L&D staff
- How to advance strategic L&D skills, capabilities, processes, and infrastructure
- How to build credibility and trust with senior leaders
- How to elevate L&D's value to the business
Designers, developers, managers, senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc.)
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company