- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Capturing and Deploying Learning Experiences that Impact Performance
DevLearn 2011 Conference - November 3, 2011
Ed Leadership Sims
When hiring or promoting, most organizations look for experience appropriate to the position and responsibilities. Although skills are important, experience often trumps skills because the candidate must utilize those skills in context, applying both experience and critical thinking to the situation. Organizations typically use instructional design techniques as training strategies to improve performance. But when experience is required, and the issues are contextual and therefore require critical judgment, instruction is not enough.
In this session, you’ll learn how to develop simulations that translate specific experience into learning modalities that engage the learner and help them apply the simulated experience to real-life situations. To appreciate the power of Experience Design you’ll see examples of a leadership development and sales training simulations. You’ll learn how to look beyond a single development modality and discover the experience learners need to have so that you can develop blended solutions accordingly. And you’ll review some of the tools available to develop your applications without the need for programming.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to utilize Experience Design as a tool for achieving the development goals of your organization
- How to determine when to use simulations to support your overall learning objectives
- How to effectively capture and deploy experience in a simulation format
- How to create the illusion of complexity in the articulation of a decision tree for easy accomplishment
- How to make the simulation experience “sticky” to support learner retention and application
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company