- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Let's Play...and Learn! - Tools for Rapid Online Learning Game Development
DevLearn 2011 Conference - November 3, 2011
Director of Learning Services
Monarch Media, Inc.
Many organizations want to design and develop meaningful and impactful serious online games to promote learning, but they haven’t identified a structured process to rapidly bring a game from concept through to completion. Often this needs to occur on a tight timeline and with minimal budget. Unfortunately, they often apply the typical structured process for development of eLearning courses to this situation ... resulting in just another eLearning course. With thoughtful application of principles for designing effective games and an effectively structured process, you can overcome this challenge.
Participants in this case-study session will learn about an online gaming platform completed for the American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture that involved rapidly bringing an online educational gaming resource with more than 12 unique, online, learning games from concept to deployment in less than 7 months. You’ll learn the practical tools, models, processes, and human resources required to implement an online gaming project like this one, and you’ll leave with templates and examples that can help you with your own online learning game development efforts.
In this session, you will learn:
- A model and strategies for rapid online learning game development
- A real-world case study illustrating implementation of a model for rapid online game development
- The tools, people, and processes required for successful rapid online game development
- The lessons learned from this project to inform your own online game development efforts
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company