- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Forming a Centralized eLearning Design Team
DevLearn 2011 Conference - November 4, 2011
Senior eLearning Designer
Manager, Instructional Design and Development
WellPoint integrated several training departments as part of a restructuring effort to streamline processes and better align performance improvement solutions. When the integration was complete and the team formed, they learned that they had different development styles, an assortment of software applications, varying levels of expertise, and a diverse set of member strengths. By creating pre-defined templates and development rules, they have accomplished the mission to develop courses with a standardized look and feel. They carefully constructed the protocols and templates to allow for individual team member creativity. They use a post-production peer-to-peer quality review process that encompasses all of the guidelines.
In this case-study session, you’ll learn how WellPoint’s centralized eLearning Design team developed a set of protocols based on best practices within the eLearning industry, selected a unified development methodology, and developed an internal Quality Assurance (QA) process while still maintaining speed-to-market requirements. You’ll see the job aids that assist team members in getting up to speed on the eLearning delivery platform, and learn how they created a common language around eLearning and other learning technologies.
In this session, you will learn:
- How you can develop, share, and reinforce protocols to produce consistent eLearning
- How an internal quality review program outlines the performance expectation for your eLearning designers
- How using a peer-to-peer review process can spark creativity and provide exposure to other design ideas
- The benefits of using a standardized methodology
Audience: Novice, intermediate, and advanced eLearning designers, instructional designers, managers, project managers, directors, VPs, CLOs, and executives of any learning organization.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)