- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The New Learning Architect
DevLearn 2011 Conference - November 4, 2011
We are all learning machines, constantly adapting to the ever-changing threats and opportunities thatwith which we are confront used. We learn through experience, whether consciously or unconsciously; we learn by seeking out the knowledge and skills we need to carry out our day-to-day tasks; we learn by sharing experiences and best practices with our colleagues, and by taking advantage of opportunities for development, both formal and informal.
Participants in this session will learn how tThe new New learning Learning architect Architect designs environments that enable specific target populations to take maximum advantage of all these opportunities for learning. You’ll learn how To do this they need to understand the unique characteristics of their your clients and the business challenges they are facing; they you need to find just the right balance between top-down and bottom-up learning initiatives, between the formal and informal. In this session, Clive Shepherd will describe what it takes to become a new learning architect, a designer of environments for learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- How people really learn at work.
- What is changing, and how this will impact on the way we learn in future.
- How each organizsation needs to establish its own balance between the top-down and the bottom-up, the formal and the informal.
- What it means to be an architect rather than a builder.
- Why it’s not enough to say you’re a professional, you also need to act like one
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA