- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Incorporating Podcasts as Part of Your Learning Strategy
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 21, 2012
Senior Learning & Development Project Manager
The Herridge Group, Inc.
Podcasting is a potentially powerful tool for business, allowing messages to quickly and easily disseminate to a large audience at an extremely low cost. While traditional Podcasts were audio files only, video Podcasts are on the rise and are increasing the possible uses for this technology. It is now possible to use Podcasts for more than communication — you can also use them for training and to support performance at the jobsite. Podcasts are fast and cheap to develop and can reach a large audience quickly using basic technology readily available in most companies. By understanding the strengths and weaknesses of this tool, participants can make informed decisions as to when, where, why, and how to use Podcasts to their greatest advantage as part of their learning and performance support tool kit.
In this session, participants will explore what Podcasts are and how people have typically used them to date, and discover ways that they might use audio or video Podcasts for more than communication.
In this session, you will learn:
- What Podcasts are
- The strengths and weaknesses of Podcasts
- The types of organizations that use Podcasts
- Whether you can use Podcasts for training (by themselves or as part of a training program)
- Whether you could use Podcasts for performance support
Audience: Those wanting to explore how to use video and audio Podcasts for training and performance support.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA