- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Skype for the Digital Classroom: Synchronous Communication and Collaboration
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 21, 2012
Instructional Designer II
Course Designer with the Innovation Group
Many instructors in the corporate and academic environment are realizing the need for synchronous elements in their online classrooms, and are seeking an inexpensive and effective environment for real-time communication and collaboration. This session will present ideas on how to use Skype’s functionality to achieve these goals.
Participants in this session will learn alternative and innovative ways to provide information to online learners in a synchronous environment using Skype functionality to address these needs. You’ll get a brief overview of the technical requirements and the Skype functionality most relevant to online learning, see demonstrations of the functionality, and learn best practices and steps for implementation.
In this session, you will learn:
- How synchronous elements can enhance online instruction
- The Skype functionality most relevant to online learning
- Technological requirements for using Skype
- Best practices and ideas for using Skype for learning
- Suggestions for implementation and the potential obstacles
Audience: This session is for individuals interested in learning about Skype functionality and how to use it in their online classrooms.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK