- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Maximizing Your LMS Potential
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 21, 2012
Learning Technology Specialist
LMSs have a variety of capabilities, but often they are not used to their full potential. As organizations review their bottom lines and re-evaluate their investments, LMSs need to “prove their worth” for continued support and additional investments. Think of all the aspects related to providing education opportunities – classroom space, instructor time, workbooks, presentation materials, resources, course evaluations, networking environments, tracking instructor-led and online course offerings, reporting attendance or completion, assessing knowledge retention and corporate impact. Not all LMS systems can handle all of these functions, but knowing the possibilities may spark interest in investigating them.
Participants in this session will learn how to use a LMS to help learning departments and LMS administrators market the system to the organization. You’ll learn the various opportunities a LMS provides, ranging from the traditional tracking and assessing to the more cutting-edge learning support through auto-enrolled courses, synchronous chat rooms, asynchronous forums, and document or Internet site resources. There are many ways to present material for the learner, and you’ll discover how to coordinate the presentation.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to utilize social learning support such as chat rooms and forums
- How to illustrate compliance tracking with reports
- How to construct assessment tools with checklists and follow-up surveys
- How to present materials with both internally and externally created content
- How to create an online resource repository for learners and instructors
Audience: Novice-to-intermediate participants. You should be familiar with LMS functionality as well as various creation tools such as PowerPoint and Articulate.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Specialist (temporary, up to 12 months)
Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Edmonton or Regina
- Contract Instructional Designer at Stitch Fix
San Francisco, CA
- Learning Specialist II (GROW)
Washington, DC Metro Area
- Senior Learning Specialist (GROW)
Washington, DC Metro Area
- Learning Specialist II
Rockville, Maryland, USA