- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Creating Cross-functional Dialogue in Your Organization
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 22, 2012
Sr. Instructional Designer/Adjunct Professor
Course Designer with the Innovation Group
Most organizations have a wide variety of talent and people with a broad range of knowledge, but they rarely get the opportunity to speak openly with their colleagues from other departments or fields about instructional technologies and learning trends. This is because many organizations have a siloed approach to their workflow. Hearing from instructors, facilitators, engineers, IT professionals, project managers, 3-D artists, interactivity specialists, and videographers in one setting can unleash so many possibilities and ideas.
Participants in this case-study session will learn how to overcome closed-communication workplace environments by creating an atmosphere where people from cross-disciplines can come together and talk in an open forum. You will learn how Bellevue University hosts a monthly roundtable for faculty and staff that focuses on current instructional designs and learning trends in higher education. You will also learn why they chose a roundtable format, the challenges they faced, and how they overcame them.
In this session, you will learn:
- Best practices for creating a discussion forum in your organization
- Why creating an open forum is important to your organization
- Why it is important to talk to people from cross-disciplines on a regular basis
- The benefits of hosting a regular discussion forum in your organization
Audience: Those interested in how to create an open forum where colleagues from cross-disciplines can exchange and discuss ideas and thoughts on the latest instructional technologies and learning trends.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager