- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Tim Hortons Supply Chain Passport Program: Building Bridges across Teams
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 21, 2012
Organizational Development Manager, Supply Chain
Many national or international organizations experience communication issues when they distribute key functions across departments, locations, shifts, and time zones. The Tim Hortons Supply Chain faced this issue — teams were working in silos, without a clear understanding of how their decisions and actions could affect other parts of the Supply Chain. Further, when problems arose, individuals were not always aware of who they could contact from other teams to resolve the issues.
This case-study session will describe how Tim Hortons Supply Chain has encouraged communication, collaboration, and teamwork through the Supply Chain Passport program. Launched in February 2010, this program brings together team members from different departments of the Supply Chain for a combination of classroom training, on-the-job experiences, and cross-functional projects. You’ll get a candid look at the process of designing and launching the Supply Chain Passport Program. You will also look at the results, and the ongoing work to improve the program.
In this session, you will learn:
- Techniques for engaging subject matter experts as facilitators
- Strategies for facilitating learning among cross-functional groups
- Sustainment strategies for continuous informal learning on the job
- The benefits of having a highly involved executive as project champion
- The importance of leveraging existing programs in the organization
Audience: Intermediate level. This session can apply to all levels, but participants will gain most value if they have experience in working with large organizations that need to encourage communication across teams.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)