- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Before “beforetheboycott.com” – Building a Civil Rights eLearning Course
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 22, 2012
Lead eLearning Designer
Lead eLearning Designer
Beforetheboycott.com hosts a civil rights eLearning developed by Best Buy on behalf of the National Civil Rights Museum. “Before the Boycott: Riding the Bus” allows learners to witness and report on the conditions on segregated Montgomery Alabama buses prior to the 1955-56 Bus Boycott. This session uses this course as a case study to illustrate practical solutions to building experiential eLearning on an extremely small budget.
Participants in this case-study session will learn numerous budget-saving techniques, including using the free version of Sketchup to build a three-dimensional bus environment. This bus model helped determine the eventual interface design through a series of early concept designs. You will also hear how The Library of Congress American Memory Website served as a rich source of pertinent historical and copyright-free images; how they used Adobe Photoshop to integrate the passengers into the bus interior photo, and how they embedded Google Analytics to gather visitor data. Virtually every training department needs to do more with less. The money-saving techniques uncovered during this project can be applied to almost any eLearning solution.
In this session, you will learn:
- How Google Sketchup can speed up prototyping topics that involve specific outdoor or indoor environments
- Ways to alter assets that you have into assets that you need
- How Google Analytics can provide insight into the effectiveness of your content
- “Old school” instructional techniques inspired by text-narrative programs like the Oregon Trail and Hammurabi
Audience: Intermediate participants. Some understanding of Adobe Creative Suite will help, but is not required.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development