- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Our LMS – What a Mess
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 21, 2012
Over time, your LMS becomes cluttered, difficult to navigate, and full of dated, irrelevant content. The configuration decisions you made when you first installed the LMS may come back to haunt you. How can you avoid these nightmares and ensure that your LMS stays fresh and well-organized?
Participants in this session will discover the critical tasks that many organizations forget to address when implementing a new LMS or updating an existing system. You’ll go beyond the “what’s” and into the “how-to’s.” Participants who are considering a LMS, are currently implementing a LMS, or who have found themselves stuck with a problematic LMS will learn how to establish the standards, processes, taxonomies, and governance necessary to ensure your LMS operates effectively for years to come.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to establish standards for LMS content
- How to define and maintain effective taxonomies for catalogs and metadata
- How to manage advanced LMS features such as notifications and audiences, over time
- How to establish appropriate content management policies and governance
- How to manage content shelf life
- How to implement processes for handling requests and changes
- How to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with IT
Audience: Participants should be able to accurately define what a LMS does and have some experience participating in medium-to-large project implementations, ideally with projects that involve technology.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
70,109Join The eLearning Guild