- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using iPads in Foreign Language Learning – A Pilot Study
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 23, 2012
Senior Research Scientist
Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center
Tablets are the hot new platform to develop learning on … but there is little research or evaluation on how you can use these devices learning … especially when teaching languages.
Session participants will learn an approach for assessing whether the iPad is a supportive language-learning platform for reading, listening, speaking, and writing functions. You’ll learn about various study methods and different applications that are available for teaching languages.
In this session, you will learn:
- The advantages and disadvantages of using iPad by language learners.
- What language-learning students say about using iPads
- The iPad utility apps available for learning
Audience: Novice-to-intermediate participants. Previous use of iPad and apps would be helpful.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)