- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Using iPads in Foreign Language Learning – A Pilot Study
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 23, 2012
Senior Research Scientist
Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center
Tablets are the hot new platform to develop learning on … but there is little research or evaluation on how you can use these devices learning … especially when teaching languages.
Session participants will learn an approach for assessing whether the iPad is a supportive language-learning platform for reading, listening, speaking, and writing functions. You’ll learn about various study methods and different applications that are available for teaching languages.
In this session, you will learn:
- The advantages and disadvantages of using iPad by language learners.
- What language-learning students say about using iPads
- The iPad utility apps available for learning
Audience: Novice-to-intermediate participants. Previous use of iPad and apps would be helpful.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist, Learning & Development, CS
Los Gatos, CA
- Instructional Designer / E-learning Developer
San Diego, CA
- Sales Engineer
Boston, MA pref; possible remote
- Instructional Designer (remote)
- Learning Designer