- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Mobile Devices for Affective Behavior and Skills - Simulations for Tablets
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 23, 2012
Ed Leadership Sims
By combining the effectiveness of complex branching simulations with the power and access of tablet devices, trainers now have an option to reach their targeted audiences wherever they may be. However, mobile is not a panacea. When designing learning solutions, developers and trainers must consider the overall experience they need to provide to their participants and incorporate mobile where it can best serve what they want to achieve and the needs of the audience.
This session will introduce participants to the Experience Design methodology, an approach that focuses on both the engaging student experience and the organizational experience that results from the blend of activities. Further, you’ll learn how to appropriately incorporate mobile simulations into the mix, and some strategies for efficient use. You’ll learn the concept of Micro Learning Simulations, shorter simulations that you can effectively deploy to tablets utilizing existing resources or assets without duplicating efforts. This approach provides a framework for thinking about Mobile as part of the overall learning portfolio, rather than as a solution in and of itself.
In this session, you will learn:
- The Experience Design methodology for considering both individual and organizational experience
- How to determine which modality is appropriate for what learning objectives
- How to design Micro Learning Simulations that are a good fit for tablets
- How to utilize existing assets to move to mobile; and how to go from mobile back to other modalities
Intermediate to advanced designers and developers with some experience implementing or development training programs.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)