- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
How to Design Simulation in Clinical Training
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 23, 2012
Alberta Health Services (AHS)
There are numerous challenges when trying to provide top-quality education to learners in a time of organizational restructuring. The session offers a case study detailing the challenges and successes of building a simulation environment for laboratory technology students performing the clinical portion of their training within an organization.
This case-study session will provide the do's and don'ts of setting up a simulation environment, and will detail challenges specific to clinical training scenarios. Participants will see details of the process and will get the lessons learned. You’ll learn about both the hardware portion (the developing of the space and purchase of equipment) of the project development and the software portion (gaining buy-in from the existing staff, hiring more staff, and developing instructional materials under the new structure).
In this session, you will learn:
- The nuts and bolts of building a training laboratory from scratch
- Things to consider when transitioning a learning program from one model to another
- The challenges involved in engaging staff and developing instructional materials that fit the new model
Audience: Intermediate participants should have knowledge of blended learning situations and the tools utilized for these scenarios.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA