- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Using Blogs to Drive Both Informal and Formal Learning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 21, 2012
SunGard Public Sector
Organizations are looking for easy and inexpensive ways to drive informal learning and alert students to upcoming formal training opportunities. However, many organizations do not know where to start that process, or what it will cost. Blogs often make great informal learning sites. They are simple to use, flexible, and a free-to-low-cost solution. As they become more popular with learners, blogs become easy-to-use content management systems that allow non-technical people to post content online easily. Also, many free tools (plug-ins and themes) allow you to easily modify blogs.
Participants in this case-study session will hear how SunGard is using informal-learning sites to promote formal learning. You’ll get numerous ideas on how to create blogs, both as informal-learning sites and as drivers of more formal learning. You’ll learn the types of content to which students will respond; with the focus on usable, effective, and inexpensive-to-build blogs.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to set up a blog as an informal learning site
- How to internally promote an informal learning site
- How to promote formal learning from an informal platform
- How to use tracking to determine the value of an informal learning site
- How to avoid potential downfalls when setting up a blog as an informal learning site
Audience: Novice-to-intermediate participants. A basic understanding of the Internet, Web browsers, and informal learning would be beneficial, but is not required.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA