- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Help, Our Funding Is Cut: Developing During Hard Times!
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 23, 2012
Manager of Instructional Design and Development
AKCEL, The University of Akron
ELearning professionals must come up with creative ways to reduce costs during lean times. Repurposing and reusing learning assets can be an effective approach to cost savings.
During this case-study session you will explore the ways that AKCEL (Akron Center for eLearning) at The University of Akron has reused existing learning objects in order to maintain quality and lower development costs during recent funding reductions. You will learn how they repurpose eLearning assets for reusablity, and how this has reduced the cost of developing an eLearning product, without sacrificing quality. You will see how a video repository that the organization developed for easy access and delivery of video learning objects reduced costs.
In this session, you will learn:
- The rationale for developing eLearning assets at a granular level
- How AKCEL learned to repurpose learning objects out of necessity
- How a programmer can render learning assets to form a learning object
- About the projects that AKCEL has repurposed: how, why, and what
Audience: Intermediate eLearning developers and eLearning managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development