- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Building Reusable Learning Objects Using the DITA 1.2 Standard
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 21, 2012
The Darwin Information Type Architecture (DITA) is an XML standard that defines an architecture for designing, authoring, publishing, and managing content. Its latest release specifically addresses the needs of the learning and training industry.
In this session, participants are introduced to the DITA standard. They will learn how DITA provides a common topic structure that enables them to piece together the same content in a variety of ways and output that content to a number of media and formats. They will see how DITA allows them to address the needs of multiple audiences or subtle differences in content within a single topic, eliminating repetition that leads to higher maintenance costs. They learn from real-world examples from organizations that have successfully used DITA to cut development costs and increase their overall productivity.
In this session, you will learn:
- The learning and training topic types supported by DITA —learning plan, introduction, summary, and assessment
- The XML-based assessments supported by DITA, including true/false, single and multiple select, match, hotspot
- How to build training topics into lessons and courses, using learning maps
- How to work with Learning and Training metadata, supporting full SCORM compliance
- To evaluate the applicability of the DITA standard to your organization
Audience: Those being called upon to deliver more for less – courses that can be easily reused and customized for each client, content appropriate for both print and electronic delivery, material that can remain current and relevant with minimal effort – all without increasing staff or extending deadlines.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager