- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Advantages of MOOCs for an International Learning Audience
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 22, 2012
Inge de Waard
AI & Education Strategist
Training needs to happen across space and time, while using tools that embrace dialogue and discussion to enhance understanding. It also needs to be able to reach out to learners who live in different locations (sometimes across the globe) and at a low cost. A Massive Open Online Course, or MOOC, allows knowledge creation thanks to the expertise already resident in peers … and it gets expert views into the discussions as well. The format of a MOOC is an answer to making expertise already available in an organization transparent, and building upon it to strengthen your learner target group.
Participants in this session will focus on each distinct part of the MOOC development process and will link to variety of useful tools. You’ll also look at MOOC examples to get a more in-depth idea of the MOOC dynamics. Setting up a MOOC takes precise planning, but once you have identified your necessary learning affordances and relevant social media tools, a MOOC course will be up and running in no time.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to set up a low-cost learning environment
- How to select learning tools that enhance knowledge creation for your specific learning group
- How to stay on top of the information flow resulting from a MOOC
- Strategies to keep learners motivated
- How to define the different roles of people engaged in a MOOC
Audience: Intermediate participants should have some understanding of social media tools such as Google, Twitter, Wikis, etc.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company