- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Augmented Reality Learning and Assessments with the Microsoft Kinect
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 22, 2012
Technical Learning Architect
Certain fields require access to physical hardware or products to successfully train or assess qualified users. This type of training and assessment is expensive and does not scale well, which limits the learners’ access and scope of learning.
This session will introduce an augmented reality tool that allows users to configure a learning or assessment environment and then interact with this educational environment using the Microsoft Kinect. Also, by adding gamification techniques, you will see how this approach helps increase engagement, reinforces behavior, allows active participation, increases the emotional appeal of the learning, provides feedback, enables skills practice, and adds fun to learning. With technology similar to those you will see demonstrated, participants will be able to create their own augmented reality tool to save money and scale their training or assessments for efficiency.
In this session, you will learn:
- How you can use augmented reality to reduce costs of training and assessing learners
- How to use augmented reality to mirror real-world product training
- The game mechanics that augmented-reality training brings to education
- What worked and what didn't work using the Microsoft Kinect in education
Audience: Those who want to apply augmented reality tools and approaches to their learning courses.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company