- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Choose Your Own Adventure: Designing Self Study for the Busy Professional
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 22, 2012
AVP Curriculum Development & Advanced Sales Training
Colonial Life & Accident Co.
How do you train busy learners whose performance evaluation is not incumbent upon taking the training? The training must be fast, relevant, effective, and explicitly designed and delivered to generate income for the learner.
This case study session will allow for easy application to multiple situations in which you must design and deliver self-study training. Participants will learn how to analyze and specifically state the WIIFM (what’s in it for me?), which for sales professionals, is income-generation directly related to taking this training. Additionally, the issue of designing training that people will actually use is a key, and you’ll learn the tactical steps to take to obtain management buy-in to ensure that will happen. In a distraction-filled work environment, it’s easy to let training slip, and you’ll walk through the process for creating memorable training.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to define the learner audience and the WIIFM principle
- How to design training to meet the needs of participants who have a range of experience
- How to engage the learner as an active, decision-making participant
- How to assess the blended learning style that will teach the skills best
- How to test training for usability and effective design
Audience: Participants should be familiar with self-study training, have some familiarity with basic instructional design principles, and want to learn about scenario building and creating interactive online training.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK