- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Infusing mLearning at Defense Acquisition University
mLearnCon 2012 - June 19, 2012
Deputy – Courseware, Gaming and Simulation
Defense Acquisition University
Organizations sometimes proceed with mobile development without first developing a comprehensive mobile strategy; or they too quickly create (or outsource) a robust strategy that may not provide realistic solutions to support their learning needs nor suit their culture. In either case, resources, time, and social capital are at stake.
Participants in the case-study session will learn about DAU’s (Defense Acquisition University) experience in implementing mobile learning from grassroots efforts into the major goals that now define the program. You’ll learn how to leverage existing systems, how to optimize existing tools and applictions, ways to collaborate and experiment, how to ensure that users have a positive mobile experience, approaches to developing mobile assets (which may include maps, catalogs, performance learning assets, and other supportive tools), and how they all integrated into the DAU Learning Asset Requirements/Management Process. Project requirements will be evaluated, and participants will define the gap being resolved and determine the best-fit solution for the particular request.
In this session, you will learn:
- The benefits and challenges of implementing a mobile strategy through grassroots efforts
- Lessons learned about designing mobile learning with a device-agnostic approach
- Lessons learned in developing and delivering mobile learning
- How DAU implemented mobile learning considerations into their learning-product requirements process.
- The importance of culture in developing a mobile learning strategy
Technology discussed in this session: Laptops, multiple tablets (iPad, other), multiple smartphones (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, others)
Audience: Participants with knowledge of, or involvement in, implementing mobile learning in an organization, and prior skills in designing and delivering learning solutions.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer (Epic)
- Sr. Instructional Designer (eLearning Specialist)
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- Lead Learning and Instructional Design Specialist
Boston MA (preferred but open to someone in our Orlando, FL or Manchester, NH office)
- Instructional Designer