- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Multi-screen Learning: Design Considerations for the Second Screen
mLearnCon 2012 - June 20, 2012
Lead Instructional Systems Designer
If you watch television, chances are that at one time or another you have used a mobile device to look up information about the show you’re watching. If so, then you’re no stranger to the “second screen.” Television programmers have taken a proactive approach to this emerging trend by creating a number of second-screen experiences that deliver relevant information to viewers in sync with the program they’re watching, rather than having viewers seek out information on their own. This approach to the second screen has potential when applied to learner-centric learning environments.
Participants in this session will discuss current second-screen applications. You’ll learn how the change to a learner-centric learning environment makes the second screen a valid performance solution, the design principles to consider, the elements to include in such an experience, and the lessons learned. The second screen for learning provides a potential solution for those looking to integrate mLearning or for those who want to more closely integrate their eLearning and mLearning.
In this session, you will learn:
- The definition of the "second screen" and its current uses
- The potential of applying the second screen to learning
- The design principles of a second screen for learning experience
- Potential "second screen" learning experiences
- The basic elements of a second screen for learning experience
Technology discussed in this session: Various mobile devices.
Audience: Intermediate designers who have imagination and knowledge of instructional design and mLearning concepts.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager