- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Designing Content for Multiple Devices
mLearnCon 2012 - June 21, 2012
Director of Learning
Delta Air Lines
Senior Learning Technologist
Because the average consumer uses products from multiple platforms, content designers need to adapt to this new multi-platform reality where someone might use a PC running Windows 7, a phone running Android, a PlayStation 3, and a tablet running iOS. It's important to cater to this reality and understand how platforms, products, and services interact as part of an ecosystem that we can't control.
Through statistics, examples, and discussion of the current and emerging state of the mobile ecosystem, session participants will learn the key areas of focus for those who need to design and develop content across multiple devices. You will learn how to design for learners who want to start their training on one device and easily traverse to another. Additionally, you will see how to build mobile content that complements eLearning.
In this session, you will learn:
- A brief history and current state of the mobile ecosystem
- What to consider when designing a cross-platform strategy
- What pitfalls designers most often run into when designing for multiple platforms
- The differences between Web, hybrid, and native apps
Technology discussed in this session: Mobile devices such as tablets, smartphones, feature phones, etc.
Audience: Novice-to-intermediate designers and developers who have a basic understanding of connected devices, mobile operating systems, and platforms.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development