- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
How and Why Dow Converted a PC-based eLearning Course to an iBook
mLearnCon 2012 - June 21, 2012
President and Chief Product Officer
Technology Transfer Coordinator
Dow Agro Sciences
There are three main challenges to creating and implementing mLearning in organzations. Number one is the existence of courses that aren’t “mobile-friendly” in their current state … but that need to be for future-state access via iPads. Number two is the fact that tablet users aren’t always connected – even though we’re all led to believe they are. Number three is distribution – how do you get learning solutions onto learners’ iPads when you aren’t using a Web app?
Participants in this case-study session will learn about one course that needed to go mobile … and how Dow AgroSciences used iBook as the answer to the three challenges above. You’ll get an overview of Dow’s business environment and the target learners who have limited connectivity, a view of the original eLearning course (created in Articulate), and a demonstration of the mobile solution built using iBook Author.
In this session, you will learn:
- Various alternatives to making a desktop course “mobile” and the pro’s and con’s of different options.
- The challenges of converting an interactive eLearning course to a mobile solution using iBook
- A design process to use when “re-purposing” content from an eLearning course to an iBook
- The power and pitfalls of iBook Author templates and widgets
Audience: Intermediate designers, developers, managers, and executives who are interested in seeing a real-life solution to common implementation barriers.
Technology discussed in this session: iPad, iBook, Articulate.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company