- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
How to Build an Internal Social Network that Drives Collaboration
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - October 31, 2012
Director, Insight and Client Solutions
Manager, Brand Culture and Education
Keeping up with how and where people and employees are getting their information and what will keep them interested is difficult. Organizations often spend money and time developing internal tools for employees to share and learn without seeing an ROI. This session will examine Hampton Hotel's Sharecast online platform, created when a team of general hotel managers who felt isolated from their peers drove development of an internal social network that not only created a place to share and connect but ignited Hampton's people and overall business results. This solution enabled franchise managers and employees to share best practices through collaborative forums and discussions.
Participants in this case-study session will learn how to build something for their employees that they will want to use and make a positive part of their everyday work life. You'll learn how to get the ROI from your tool development through building something centered on the user, not the organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to leverage something your employees already use to give them a better tool
- The importance of keeping your end user at the center of your training tools
- Best practices for building a successful online community tool
- How to tie your internal online tools to overall business results and the bottom line
Intermediate developers, project managers, managers, directors, VPs, CLOs, and executives. This session would be ideal for a senior-level manager who builds and drives new strategic approaches around eLearning and community development for organizations.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager