- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Strategies for Selecting and Implementing an LMS
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - October 31, 2012
LMS Administrator/eLearning Developer
First Citizens Bank
eLearning Developer, Learning and Development
First Citizens Bank
Too often vendor selection decisions are made in a vacuum. Without consulting others in your organization, utilizing research, and tying the decision to organizational objectives, you risk having your LMS project rejected, become a costly drawn-out implementation, or experience under-utilization of the system.
Session participants will learn the entire selection process and get best practices along the way. In addition, you'll receive templates to use in your own organization to support the process. You'll learn the step-by-step process of vendor selection, how to create buy-in, how to present to executive level stakeholders, and how to plan ahead and avoid pitfalls associated with vendor selection.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify when it is time to choose a new talent development or learning management system
- How to identify the best vendors for your organizational needs, and how to use trusted research and recommendations to select a vendor
- How to build support internally, create buy-in, and build a solid business case
- Best practices in negotiating and creating partnerships with your vendor
How to develop a solid, goal-driven implementation and marketing plan
Novice-to-intermediate developers, managers, and directors who want to make informed decisions about choosing and implementing an LMS. Preferably, participants should have a working knowledge of learning management systems and their uses and applications.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA