- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Creating a High-performance Development Team: Doing More with Less
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - October 31, 2012
Creating high quality, effective, and interactive learning is the goal of most learning development organizations - but how do you structure a small-to-medium learning organization to be most effective? With tight budgets, many learning organizations may not have the luxury of a dedicated instructional designer, graphic designer, Flash programmer, or editor. Yet asking one person to do all may result in lower quality products.
Participants in this session will learn how to structure a small-to-medium learning organization to maximize all aspects of online learning creation, as well as business processes for course development and job roles and responsibilities. You will discover how to structure your organization so that each person project-manages training and each has a focus area, such as graphic design or editing, as their key aspect. You will learn the importance of peer reviews, quality assurance checks, information sharing, and heavy collaboration, all part of the structured process for this type of team. In short, you'll learn to establish an organization capable of creating stunning learning events with a small team.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to structure your organization to maximize development talents
- How to create an online development process without dedicated personnel for design, graphics, and editing
- How to maximize the quality of your courses with the power of your team
- How to improve your time-to-market by eliminating dedicated roles for each job function
Novice-to-advanced project managers, managers, directors, and VPs with a general understanding of online development roles: instructional designer, graphic designer, programmer, editor, etc.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager