- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Eight Steps to Improved Interactions
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - November 1, 2012
Chief Instructional Strategist
Designers of eLearning are often stuck using the same simplistic interaction formats repeatedly. It isn't that these formats are particularly effective or desirable - in fact, most designers are frustrated with the poor quality of the questioning they create. But timelines and the resources allotted for eLearning projects often discourage any design except to repeat exactly what they did before.
Participants in this session will learn that they can do a lot with low- and intermediate-level tools. You'll learn steps that provide a practical, graduated series of improvements you can immediately apply to your own designs. You can follow this manifestly practical and achievable set of steps to insert incremental improvements to these standard question types. You'll focus on practical techniques you can apply to any project.
In this session, you will learn:
- The primary weaknesses in standard interactions that you should avoid
- How to manipulate context, challenge, and actions when designing an interaction to enhance motivation and meaning
- Eight simple steps to apply to standard interactions to create a greater chance for learning to occur
- To judge interactions based on how they serve the learning function rather than simply testing knowledge
- A general strategy for designing interactions that balance development time with instructional effect
Novice-to-advanced designers, developers, and project managers. The content is appropriate for any audience, but will be most significant for instructional designers who have struggled to create motivation and meaning when implementing standard interactive questioning models.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager