- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Rapid Development Tool Showdown: Captivate vs. Lectora
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - November 1, 2012
There is a host of rapid development tools on the market, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Captivate and Lectora, two of the most popular, provide developers with different opportunities, but it's difficult to know which will be best for your organization's training style and development needs. There are few resources available for side-by-side comparison of rapid-development tools and none give an inside view of task execution in a head-to-head situation
This session takes a number of common eLearning development scenarios and compares execution in Captivate and Lectora side by side. Participants will see what is involved in establishing these activities in each tool; those responsible for purchasing recommendations or decisions will get to see these two popular tools go head-to-head. Developers will experience what it takes to execute these activities in each tool. Designers will experience how each tool's output looks, feels, and functions. Purchasing agents will look "under the hood" of each tool, to more completely assess the pros and cons of each relative to their team's needs.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create multi-action events in Captivate and Lectora
- How to leverage time (aka harness timers to control functionality) in Captivate and Lectora
- How to establish conditional functionality, including branching paths, in Captivate and Lectora
- When Lectora is more appropriate than Captivate, and vice versa.
Novice-to-advanced designers, developers, managers, directors, and those responsible for education tool procurement. Participants need no previous knowledge or skill but familiarity with rapid development processes may help.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager