- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Surveys that Count: How to Boost Participation and Understand the Results
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - November 1, 2012
Learning organizations are under more pressure than ever to demonstrate their effectiveness, efficiency, and the value of their initiatives. Course evaluations, surveys, and observational assessments can provide loads of data, but data without proper analysis lacks meaning, and low participation in a survey can diminish the value of its results. Understanding the theory and best-practice approaches behind assessment design, development, and administration improves the quality of survey data. Being able to analyze quantitative and qualitative data is crucial for understanding assessment results and acting on them.
Participants in this session will get tools for designing, authoring, delivering, and reporting on surveys, course evaluations, and observational assessments. You'll learn aspects of surveying, including data collection methods, authoring techniques, scale development, the sampling process, ways to boost participation, and techniques for analyzing data. You'll see a demonstration of mobile assessments and get advice about the use of mobile devices, either on their own or as part of a blended delivery strategy.
In this session, you will learn:
- The steps for creating, delivering, and reporting on surveys, course evaluations, and observational assessments
- Various sampling methods and tips for writing good questions and assessments
- The survey piloting process
- Data collection methods and techniques for boosting response rates
- Pointers on quantitative and qualitative data analysis and considerations for mobile delivery
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and project managers. Some experience creating and/or administering surveys and/or course evaluations is beneficial, but no specialized knowledge or skills are required.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA