- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Thriving as a One-person eLearning Department
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - November 2, 2012
Virginia Commonwealth University
The current trend is for companies to run as efficiently as possible, which means tight budgets and minimal headcount. According to a survey conducted by The eLearning Guild, 80 percent of eLearning departments consist of five employees or less. If you are one of those individuals in a very small department, it's probably challenging for you to meet the time demands of handling every detail related to creating and administering online training while also keeping spending within a restricted budget.
This session will help one- or few-person shops maximize time and resources through personal and peer-gathered experience on not only how to survive in this environment ... but thrive. This session, which will include a group discussion on tested best practices, is packed with a wealth of knowledge and valuable takeaways that participants can immediately take back to their respective organizations.
In this session, you will learn:
- Innovative strategies to save time, so you can devote more time to your highest priorities
- How to prepare SMEs (and other cooks in your eLearning kitchen), so development work is streamlined
- Which tools are best for novice users, and how they can save both short-term and long-term time
- How to get the most out of a tight budget
- Where to find free or cheap training access assets and resources
Novice-to-advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers, and anyone with a very small eLearning department.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development