- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Methods for Designing Serious Games from Indie to AAA Titles
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - November 2, 2012
Lead Technical Writer
Chief Creative Officer
There is a market demand for serious games in the consumer and educational markets. However, the actual design and production of these games can be a confusing and daunting task. As educators, it will be helpful to see examples of real-world development and design issues.
Participants in this session will gain a clear understanding of their options to design and develop serious games for their specific audience. You'll learn various methods for game design and development, along with practical tips to implement serious game design concepts and apply them in today's market.
In this session, you will learn:
- Multiple real-world game design methods
- How to utilize a game design and development lesson plan
- Your options in game design and development, whether you have a team of one or 100
- Some forecasts for the future of the serious-game market
Intermediate designers, developers, and instructors. Participants do not need any game design or programming experience to appreciate this session. Those with classroom experience will appreciate the practical items presented to target the educational game market.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist, Learning & Development, CS
Los Gatos, CA
- Instructional Designer / E-learning Developer
San Diego, CA
- Sales Engineer
Boston, MA pref; possible remote
- Instructional Designer (remote)
- Learning Designer