- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Designing an Effective Business Model for Your Training Organization
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - November 2, 2012
Associate Director of Education
U.S. Office of Government Ethics
Learning professionals are often told that the learning function needs to have a "seat at the table." But how does one earn that right? It can be very difficult without the tools to think like a business. Your learning organization can start by creating an explicit business model that outlines your key relationships, products, revenues, and costs. This helps eliminate confusion about why teams do what they do, as well as the misunderstandings about the value the earning organization produces.
This workshop will help individuals and teams create a business model that will outline the value they bring to their organization. Participants will see business models created by other organizations and work through the process of creating a business model for their own organizations. You'll learn how to use a powerful tool and process to gain buy-in and support for your organization, and you will walk away with a picture of how your training organization creates, delivers, and captures value. You'll get a business-model design template that you can use to develop models in your organization, and experience a process you can follow to facilitate business-model planning sessions.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to get yourself or your team to think like designers
- How to use the business-model canvas to design a strategic vision for your training organization
- How to establish a vision that others will rally behind
- How to present the value your organization delivers
Novice-to-advanced designers, project managers, managers, and directors.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA