- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Developing a Distance Culture in a Bricks and Mortar World
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - November 2, 2012
Branch Chief, Creative Learning
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
After 15 years of training entirely on a residential campus, budget pressures forced the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service to begin to emphasize distance learning. They revamped an entire division to focus on eLearning and struggled through changing their culture. But they had a mandate ... and there was no turning back. The learning curve was steep, but the service is now moving forward with a distance learning mentality.
Participants in this case-study session will focus on the lessons learned about how to turn SMEs and developers from distance learning (DL) opponents into DL advocates. You’ll learn the different approaches the service took to teach its content experts about DL. You’ll learn its current processes for developing DL products, how they came to be, and how they are still evolving. Lastly, you’ll learn about the tools created to help the service’s residential training experts become DL training experts.
In this session, you will learn:
- An approach to help shift a learning culture from strictly residential training to a blended approach
- The processes and procedures used by one organization to develop distance learning products and tools
- What tools to provide to your training professionals to help them create great distance learning
- Some tips on how to help an organization on a tight budget develop a distance learning team
Audience: Novice designers, project managers, managers, and directors.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)