- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Adobe Captivate Advanced Actions
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 13, 2013
Instructional Design Coordinator
eLearning Instructional Design Coordinator
Many developers want to add meaningful interaction to their online courses to improve learners’ engagement and learning outcomes, but aren’t sure how to use Captivate’s Advanced Actions. This session will use Captivate 6, though the concepts will apply to versions 4 and 5 as well.
Session participants will learn how to create the ability for learners to explore on their own versus taking a direct path. You’ll watch the creation of a summary screen that links to specific lessons by using variables and Advanced Actions to create purposeful interaction. You will observe as an interactive course is created from beginning to the end, starting with sketching the navigation flow, determining the necessary variables, and creating the required advanced actions using Captivate’s Advanced Actions. You’ll learn how to add increased learner activity by taking a technical view of the design process.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to recognize the importance of mapping the course flow prior to creating Advanced Actions
- How to differentiate between the two types of variables in Adobe Captivate
- How to identify the variables needed to create a course
- How to outline steps to create an Advanced Action
- Tips and tricks for naming objects, variables, and Advanced Actions
Novice and intermediate designers and developers. Participants will get more out of the session if they have basic Captivate skills, along with knowledge of eLearning instructional design and development, though anyone looking at Captivate as a tool will benefit to see what they can do using variables and Advanced Actions.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK