- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Evaluating and Using Cloud Technologies for Hands-on Learning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 13, 2013
Consulting Curriculum Developer
Good learning includes practical, hands-on experience, particularly when the subject matter is software. But the logistics of providing such practice environments can be complex, especially when you need to support many different classes and technologies from day to day. Perhaps you’ve heard that the cloud can help, but feel overwhelmed by the ever-growing number of options.
Participants in this session will learn how the concept of virtualization applies not only to classrooms, but to your classroom IT infrastructure as well. Cloud platforms allow you to quickly create practice environments for a training engagement while at the same time pooling and making the most efficient use of expensive hardware resources. You’ll explore various public cloud platforms on the Internet, as well as techniques for implementing your own.
In this session, you will learn:
- About cloud computing and hardware virtualization concepts
- How to classify different types of cloud services
- About the costs and benefits of cloud-based training
- How to quickly provision environments for new training events
- How learners access the cloud
- About various cloud products and technologies
Novice developers, project managers, and managers who are familiar with basic computer and virtual classroom concepts.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- Learning Experience Designer
- Learning Manager E-Learning - East Coast US
East Coast, USA
- Medical Billing Trainer
Fort Washington, PA
- Part-Time Instructional Designer/eLearning Developer
Boston, MA, USA