- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Strategies for Rapidly Training a Highly Diverse Workforce
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 13, 2013
Manager, Store Training
Director, Stores Learning & Development
eLearning Sales Manager
Large companies around the world face the challenge of creating training that engages and connects learners of all ages, tenure, and experience levels when they require training that takes little time to complete and can be done on the fly and on the job. How do you creatively use the design tools you have to meet these deadlines and still create impactful and engaging training?
Participants in this case-study session will see examples of how Toys“R”Us has used a blended learning approach of video, eLearning, and on-the-job activities that directly connect with the store-team-member level. You’ll see creative uses of available software, as well as how they incorporated fun and humor into training materials. You’ll learn how the use of video and eLearning characters directly connect the store team members to the training, and how the power of demonstration and role play in video, eLearning, and on-the-job materials make the training relatable and feel achievable at all levels.
In this session, you will learn:
- Techniques for engaging learners of all ages, tenure, and experience levels
- Strategies for rapidly developing training content for on-the-job learners
- The benefits of creating relatable training from the learner’s point of view
- Creative uses and approaches in developing training content for multiple delivery methods
- Sustainment strategies for continuous informal learning on the job by leveraging and repurposing existing content
Novice designers and developers with basic knowledge in eLearning, instructional design, and implementation.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library