- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Learning On Demand—the Evolution of Technology and the Future of Learning
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 14, 2013
NexTech AR Solutions
Traditionally, training and development people are outside the main operations of businesses unless there is a specific need to fulfill, such as getting a sales force up to speed on a new product. eLearning has further separated those that work in this field from their organizations by building separate toolsets and technologies that are inconsistent with the technologies that exist for marketing and technical documentation. eLearning professionals need to better align their work with the heartbeat of their organizations or continue a descent into irrelevancy.
Session participants will discover what we can learn from innovation outside eLearning and what learning could look like in just a few years. If we adopt the technologies that facilitate content on demand, and plug into the technology that is driving businesses today, eLearning professionals will be perfectly situated to become involved with the performance of individuals. You’ll walk away with concrete evidence that can indeed automate context-laden, personalized, and customized content through computers, and you’ll learn how to do it.
In this session, you will learn:
- What’s broken with existing tools and technologies for delivering instructional content
- How web technologies outside eLearning are servicing the media’s need to deliver content on demand
- The role of analytics in a content-on-demand world
- How content architecture facilitates context for machines
- How existing web technologies work together in a content-on-demand world
- How you can use existing technologies to service learning on demand
Intermediate and advanced professionals who are familiar with industry-standard best practices for design and development.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join with a free membership to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company