- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Converting ILT Content to “e”: One Size Does NOT Fit All!
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 14, 2013
Susan H. Lowy
Manager Instructional Design and Training
Goodwill Industries Manasota
Today, many organizations are promoting eLearning as a means to reduce travel costs and to provide a convenient method for their employees to learn at their own pace. Goodwill Industries Manasota made a commitment to convert several classroom courses to an eLearning format as part of a workforce development program. When they deemed a course appropriate for online delivery, the course content was preserved. However, they had to redesign and enhance it to match the requirements of the online learning experience.
In this case-study session you will explore the process Goodwill Industries Manasota went through when it converted an instructor-led training (ILT) course into a web-based training (WBT) course. You’ll also get the lessons learned along the way.
In this session, you will learn:
- The steps involved in converting an ILT course into an online course
- Why it is important to be culturally sensitive with your examples and photos
- How using stories and exercises engages the learner
- What it took for the organization to embrace eLearning in lieu of ILT classes
Novice and intermediate designers and developers who have a basic understanding of the ADDIE (analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation) model, have experienced an eLearning class, and are somewhat familiar with the concept of an LMS.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist, Learning & Development, CS
Los Gatos, CA
- Instructional Designer / E-learning Developer
San Diego, CA
- Sales Engineer
Boston, MA pref; possible remote
- Instructional Designer (remote)
- Learning Designer