- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Subscription Learning: Going Beyond Traditional Event-based Training
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 14, 2013
Is your organization stuck in a learning-as-event mindset? While tradition and logistics has—from time immemorial—prodded us to create training in distinct event chunks, research on learning shows that the event mindset hurts learning results. It glorifies the classroom while ignoring the importance of on-the-job integration. It organizes content for easy dissemination while sidestepping the need to create long-term remembering. In short, the event mindset holds us back from maximizing learning results. By tapping into the wisdom from learning research, subscription learning provides an alternative learning approach.
Participants in this session will learn the research on the power of spaced repetitions and how to best utilize this powerful learning method. You’ll examine different tricks of the subscription-learning trade and look at different technologies—including very simple ones.
In this session, you will learn:
- How learning research supports a subscription-learning approach
- How spaced repetitions can be used to the greatest effect
- Different methods for use in subscription learning
- Different technology platforms for providing subscription learning
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company